Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Dienstag, 21. Februar 2012, 20:37

Kavallerie UO M1904 Säbel

Dear Friends!

An other piece,from my collection, an M1904 cavalry NCO sword.
Blade is having a trooper size 32mm width, with an 83 cm lenght, nickel plated, Solingen marked.
Grip is also similar to its "Mannschaft" version, the basket holes are half sized of the standard holes.
There is a KG stamp on the end of the sheath, i have met this KG already several times, unfortunatelly was not able to find out the meaning of it.

Valentin

Dienstag, 21. Februar 2012, 20:37

Kavallerie UO M1904 Säbel

Dear Friends!

An other piece,from my collection, an M1904 cavalry NCO sword.
Blade is having a trooper size 32mm width, with an 83 cm lenght, nickel plated, Solingen marked.
Grip is also similar to its "Mannschaft" version, the basket holes are half sized of the standard holes.
There is a KG stamp on the end of the sheath, i have met this KG already several times, unfortunatelly was not able to find out the meaning of it.

Valentin

Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2012, 13:27

Dear Valentin!

Your cavalry is excellent armed :] . I am also interested for this "KG" bookmark. Here is my example.
Entschuldigen Sie bitte für schlechtes Deutsch.

Grüße aus Kroatien

Chombe

Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012, 09:06

Hello Valentin

Superb Sabre in good condition. Maybe, there is also a possiblity, that it could be a later version used in Hungary or Czechoslovakia! Or do you have some incidents which are directly pointing on a usage during the Habsburg monarchy?

Servus

Alex

Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012, 10:07

Dear Valentin! I agree with Alex. Unfortunately I don´t have further information about "KG". Anyway--, wonderful piece and congratulations!!
LG G. =)
A.E.I.O.U.

Sonntag, 18. März 2012, 11:44

I was thinking about this KG, can it be Karl(not Carl) Grasser?
http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/anno-p…&seite=00000097

Sonntag, 18. März 2012, 14:34

Hello Valentin!

This is a great idea. My mark is on the saber M.1869.

http://blankwaffen-forum.de/index.php?pa…d&threadID=3266

Sonntag, 18. März 2012, 18:55

Dear Friends!
I hope these articles are as leglible as they were before.... :D :D :D
KG is a good possibility for K. Grasser (you know he is a favourite manufacturer of mine) but cannot be proved beyond doubt--it`s a pity.... :(
Best Regards G.
A.E.I.O.U.

Sonntag, 18. März 2012, 20:15

Hello Chombe, thank you for the link for your M1869, at least we know that KG was even producing around 1899.

The article i linked earlier is writing about the son of Andreas Grasser, Karl Grasser.I dont have a better solution for KG